Saturday, March 17, 2007

Married

This week we've been settling into our apartment in Columbus....Teri got her official Air Force Spouse ID card :) ...so now she can get on base, use the Gym, Commissary (grocery store) and base exchange (department store). I was supposed to have these past 5 days off, but it didn't quite work out that way...Monday I checked in from leave and went to the individual equipment shop where I got about $800 dollars of free equipment including 3 pairs of flight suits, a winter flight jacket, a G shock watch, sunglasses (aviator's) and some other things we need for flying... Tuesday we had briefings all day on a bunch of things ranging from the Vice Wing Commander's take on pilot training to medical facilities on base. Wednesday I had most of the day off so Teri and I went into Tuscaloosa, AL to the Super Target store where we bought some things with our wedding money...Thursday we had to go in early and get our helmets fitted...this was a pretty sweet experience...they fit you with the helmet, put your name on it and fit you with a mask...which is pretty hard to breathe out of. Then they send you down to life support where they hook the mask up to a machine that blows pressurized air into the mask, at which time they test for leaks and make sure your microphone works...and that's it...Friday I had to get up early and run the 5K fun run at the gym...Teri could have come, but she didn't feel up to it. Saturday...Teri and I are meeting up with the class for a little St Pattie's day barbecue meet and greet on base at 4pm...Other news....Teri has been keeping herself really busy finding room for all of our sweet gifts in our little apartment, and looking for a job... we worked out together this week and played some tennis, it's been in the 70's most of the week and gorgeous... that's all for now... Love you guys

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting the web site together! It will be fun to see all the updates! Love you both
Derrick and Jamie

Unknown said...

You two are so cute! Very good idea! Good luck and have fun durning your training,Joe! Teri I miss ya so much already, but we will plan on a road trip real soon either in April or beginning of May. Let me know what date might work for you. Good luck job searching and something will come for you real soon.
Love you two,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! So glad you started this! It will be wonderful to hear all the exiciting news coming from MS. Joe, how is class going so far? Teri, are you bored yet? How is Tabby doing with all of the new digs? I'm about ready for a road trip? Want some company? Keep in touch
Love ya!
Mom & Dad

Skiing @ Heavenly in S. Lake Tahoe