Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Weekend at Lake Tahoe & Skiing at Squaw

I can't even tell you how much fun this past weekend was! After a quick 2 1/2 hour drive, we were in Tahoe City. We spent most of the day Saturday exploring the area and checking out Lake Tahoe. It was GORGEOUS!! One of the locals saw that we were looking for a place to eat lunch and she told us about a couple of delicious little cafes, so we had a yummy little lunch before heading down the road to the "Village at Squaw Valley" where we were staying. It was the coolest place with cafes, restaurants, boutiques, and the condos, all at the foot of the mountains. Everything was right out our front door including the ski lifts and cable cars that brought us to the top of the mountain. And I'm sure most of you noticed the beautiful full moon on Saturday night...it seemed even bigger and brighter as it was rising over the mountains. Meanwhile, Joe and I were getting ready for our guided snow show hike. This was my first time snow shoeing...Joe had me a little worried that it would be pretty rough, but we took breaks along the way and the view from the top was well worth it!! We met up with some friends for dinner that night (people joe works with were up there for the weekend too) and then we set our alarm for 6am so we'd be up bright and early to hit the slopes!! :) My Ski School started at 9am so Joe dropped me off there and did a little skiing of his own on the big boy hills :) He came back around lunch time to check on my progress and I was ready to hit the slopes!! It was a GREAT day for skiing...blue ski and 50 degrees...actually, it was a little warm, so we went up to some runs near the top of the mountain where it was a little cooler. It was so exhilarating to actually be skiing down a hill as fast as we were. I was a little scared of the ski lifts at first, but got used to them after awhile. We spent most of the day on the beginner hills (which were still huge) but after a little persuasion, we finished the day on an intermediate run! It was crazy! I can't believe I actually did it! Joe is a great skier, so he had no problem, but it took me awhile to get down the thing! What an amazing time though. We had an absolutely perfect weekend together and now we are both recovering from sore muscles! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you kids had a WONDERFUL time! I'm soooo jealous! Must be nice to be YOUNG!!! Teri, you are so adventurous! GUTSY GIRL!! Love the pics of the moon. So pretty! Where are you going on your next adventure? Maybe, mountain climbing? Just kidding! Don't you dare!!!
Love ya both!
Mom
P.S.
Tell Joe to have a safe trip! Hope to see you both on SKYPE!!!

Skiing @ Heavenly in S. Lake Tahoe