We hope everyone had a great weekend! It was pretty much a 4 day weekend for both Joe and I with Joe's squadron picnic kicking it all off on Thursday. There was lots of good food and fun and there were even wild peacocks running all over...the kind with the big beautiful tails and everything, so that was pretty cool. Friday started with breakfast in Suisun at Babs and we threw our bikes in the back of the truck so we could ride around the waterfront before it got too hot outside. The bikes were inevidibly in a tangled mess when we went to pull them out...I think it's time we look into some kind of bike rack! We had friends over to grill that night and it was great to catch up with them...he has recently gotten back from a deployment and since Joe will be leaving soon, we never seem to have much time to get together anymore when all of us are around.
Yesterday I woke up earlier than I would have liked, but I always have a hard time sleeping in when I actually have the chance to. Tabbi was immediately at the slider meowing to go outside so I quickly opened the door to silence her so Joe could have a little more time to sleep and before I could stop it, the alarm went off and was whaling through the entire house!! This is possibly the loudest sound I could ever imagine! I ran to the panel to turn it off as quickly as I could. Joe was of course already down the hallway trying to figure out what was going on...so much for a restful morning.
We spent most of the day with lots of friends eating lots of food and having lots of fun. We climbed up one of the large "golden hills" behind their house to get a good view of the fireworks. They were of course being shot off miles away from where we were, but it was relaxing to see them from a distance without the hassle of all the post firework traffic. Today is being spent in silence as Joe is finishing up school work and studying plane stuff and I laid down to read my new book "My Sisters Keeper" and ended up taking a 2 hour nap before I had a chance to read more than 2 pages. We did officially find out this weekend that Tabbi is in fact a Maine Coon cat. I had thought she might be once before but it was verified this weekend after watching the Cats 101 special on Animal Planet. I am sure she is relieved to finally know her heritage :) And we were excited the think that given her expected life span, we may still have her around when we are 40!!



No comments:
Post a Comment