Friday, February 12, 2010

reading for pleasure

Who would have thought reading could be so fun and relaxing. I think I have read more during this deployment than I have my entire life combined! The great thing is, for the most part I've been really encouraged by most of my reading. I feel as if I've somehow been able to grow both spiritually and personally through the stories of others which makes me feel better about that fact that I've spent so many hours with my nose in a book...I figure if I'm growing then I'm not really wasting my time. There is, however, no way for me to keep up with Joe and all his non-fiction educational reading...I figure he's reading enough of that for the both of us, so I'll stick to the fiction for now :)
I hope everyone has a happy hearts day this weekend! I have been enjoying my flowers from Joe the past two weeks and they are just now dying off and the gift card to Borders is already spent of course...I'm so excited to read my new Francine Rivers book and the Lady Gaga cd has been getting more than enough play time in my car so it was all very much appreciated. I am so thankful to have the love of my life in my life even if he can't be here for all of it. Happy Valentine's Day Joe, I love you!

1 comment:

Persicke Family said...

So are you loving Francine Rivers???

Skiing @ Heavenly in S. Lake Tahoe