Thursday, May 29, 2008
We made it to California!!
Hello Everyone!!! Sorry it’s been so long since we’ve updated you on our trip. We’ve been through TX, NM, AZ, NV, and CA over the past week and we are finally done driving!!! Along the way we stayed in Houston with friends and had lunch in beautiful Austin, TX with friends, then off to San Antonio where we walked the river walk. The next couple days were filled with driving through desert lands with high temps and cactus’ everywhere!! It was the craziest thing and fun to see since we’ve never seen it before, but I don’t think I’d like to make that same drive again!! Then it was off to Vegas where we walked the strip and checked out some of the fancy casinos. I’m sorry to say that we didn’t win our million dollar jackpot :\ We gave them about $25 then called it quits!! I don’t know that we’d ever go back, but it was fun to see…and the buffet was amazing!! The final night we stayed with Braden at his house near Lamoore NAS…it was really nice to see him again and catch up. We passed through many beautiful mountain ranges along the way and finally made it to Travis AFB!!! We stayed on base Sunday & Monday night (and had a little run it with the local earwigs) but with a little bug spray we survived the two nights on base. AND last night…for the first time…we stayed in our new house!!! I have to tell you that we absolutely love it and can’t wait to have visitors!! The movers just came yesterday and unloaded all our stuff, so we’re currently living in the land of boxes, but hopefully by the end of the week it will look like a real home! We can not begin to express how much God has watched over us this past week and helped everything to fall into place. Thank you for your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I love the pics! We went to Las Vegas for our honeymoon and you took pics in some of the same places we did! How fun! and we went to the Hoover Dam also! It was spectacular!
Post a Comment