Thursday, June 5, 2008

First week in CA

Our first week here has been great!! We wake up every morning to sunshine and blue skies and wonder why everyone doesn't move here! We've been busy trying to find our way around and check out the city. We haven't ventured out of the area too much because there is a lot to see and do here. All the boxes are unpacked, we grilled our first steak dinner, and Joe's at the DMV getting his Cali plates as I write this, so it's official! We are west coasters!! :) Joe starts his first day of classes tomorrow, so it's back to the books! I have just started my job search and have come across a couple federal programs that interest me, so we'll see where that leads. I'm also looking forward to jazzing up our yard because I've never really had any kind of yard before, so I'm excited to clean up the landscape and plant some flowers! ...but I'll leave the lawn mowing to joe :) I'll try to update the blog with some new pics this weekend, so check back soon!!

2 comments:

MCD said...

Hey girl! I love the moving to Cali slide show! Now I need to see pics of your house!

Heather Tuley said...

Glad to hear you guys are getting settled in and seeing some sights! I am ready to come visit already! :)

Skiing @ Heavenly in S. Lake Tahoe