Saturday, March 28, 2009

Busy week

Sometimes I feel like there is just not enough going on that is blog worthy, so I have been slacking, but I will try to do better! But I woke up this morning with the burning urge to be productive, so on went the gloves and into the backyard I went with my weed bucket and I worked out there for 3 hours pulling weeds and raking leaves and spraying bugs AND ......drum roll please....I mowed the lawn all by myself! Of course I had to have the neighbor start it for me, but after that it was all me for the first time in over 12 years! After that momentous occasion, I felt empowered and able to tackle anything, so I decided to haul the stove away from the wall to find out where some tiny black bugs were coming from during this past week. Well...I found just about everything back there besides little black bugs, so by the time I clean up that mess and maneuvered the stove back to it's place I was done for. Now all I want to do is take a little nap and I think i will try to before I go out to dinner with a girlgriend.
This whole week has actually been pretty crazy. I have been out every night and I am exhausted! The week absolutely flew by though.
Monday: Dream Dinners with the spouses group...it's one of those places where you put together meals for the week and take them home to freeze until you need them. It was really a cool place and I will probably go back at some point (when i'm cooking for more than just lil ole me)
Tuesday: Deployed Spouses Spaghetti Dinner on base and it was so much more than I thought it would be. The food was great and there were prizes and games and vendors...I left with some freebies but no prizes :)
Wednesday: Pizza dinner for Christine's b-day at bible study and Jen made a chocolate cake that was just to die for!! I don't think getting the recipe would help any because I doubt I could pull it off.
Thursday: A relaxing home cooked steak and potato dinner at the Long's...it has been too long since I've had good food like that!
Friday: Hanging out with some fun ladies next door while getting a mary kay facial...I bought that microdermabrasion kit they have. Has anyone used it before? Any reviews? Also Friday I wasted 90 minutes of my life at the oil change on base. They said it would take no more than 45 minutes, but there I sat. I was borderline furious at the 1 hour mark because it was a gorgeous afternoon, but there was no way I was leaving and coming back tomorrow to go through it all again. I also went to the eye doc to get some updated contacts AND glasses. I need new contacts that let more air to my eye apparently so I have a couple of trial pairs that should be in next week for me to test out and they also ordered me a couple of cute frames for me to check out...who knows, maybe I'll actually like these glasses and wear them more often.

...Well this is just great...I managed to finish all the mint chocolate chip ice cream as I sat here writing this. Ugh...

Countdown till my sweets is home...10 DAYS!!!

1 comment:

mom V. said...

For not having much to write about, you sure wrote a BIG BLOG!!!!! Seems you have been very busy! While the cat's away, the mice will play!!!
Only 7 more days!!! (Hopefully!)
Love,
MOM V.

Skiing @ Heavenly in S. Lake Tahoe