Sunday, April 19, 2009

What a great week!

Joe is HOME! After 70 days in the Persian Gulf Joe is finally home...for now :) And we are enjoying every second of it! We took off for a long weekend in Monterey/Carmel last weekend to celebrate his return and it was awesome! Our place was right on the beach and we woke up each morning around 6:30 to be the first ones to walk the deserted beach and look for treasures! We went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, tried to go whale watching...but no sightings, had couples massages, and drove the "17 mile drive" along the beautiful coastline and through some famous gulf courses...the whole weekend was very relaxing!
The week before Joe came home, my parents came to visit! It was SO nice to have them here and Tabbi was spoiled with attention and treats as is usually the case when either of the grandma's come to visit :) My mom and I started working on a landscape project in the front yard while my dad was working all over the house fixing up things here and there that weren't working right! I have to say that we really did get a lot accomplished and just yesterday I was able to finish the landscaping out front, which by the way was nothing but a pile of dirt before...



AND my husband is famous! ...he hates that I say that, but there was a very nice article about him in the GR Press and I just thought that was very cool.

http://www.mlive.com/opinion/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/04/column_hometown_meeting_out_of.html

No comments:

Skiing @ Heavenly in S. Lake Tahoe