Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's that time again!

It is definitely summer in California. The past 7 days have been in the hundreds, so hopeful it’ll simmer down here soon. Joe got home from Puerto Rico last week and had nothing but stories to tell me about how hard he worked…if by working you mean laying on the beach and swimming in the pool! Either way, I’m glad he had a chance to get away from the office for a bit. I kept busy READING! This is a whole new thing for me. My mom sent me some Karen Kingsbury books a couple weeks ago so that I’d have some summer reading to keep me busy, and I’m already on the third book. But this weekend the tables turned and Joe stayed at home working on his research paper while I went out and had some fun in San Fran with some girlfriends. We all carpooled into the city and had great seats for the production of Wicked at the Orpheum Theater and then had dinner in the North Beach area at The Stinking Rose. I had heard about it on the Food Network not too long ago, so I was excited to go there…not great service, but the food was yummy! Now we’re both winding down and getting ready for his next deployment this weekend. It always comes too fast, but it’s his time again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You best be enjoying the 100's as it has been in the 50's in Michigan. Kyle cannot wait to leave for New Mexico, leaves on the 15th. Mom not so excited. Baby Blaine is 6 weeks old and weights 13lbs, like to eat he truely is a kelley. have a great day love Aunt Joyce

Skiing @ Heavenly in S. Lake Tahoe